Thursday, March 6, 2008

solioquy

Soft breeze

Makes dry grass

Crackle

Edge of dusk

Peers over ending of day

Golden light

Glimmers on riverbank

Water silent

Swiftly moves forward

Dog barks

Rooster crows

Birds converse

Yet

Water silent

Swift

Moves on

Pale purple blossoms

Grow

In the midst of garbage and weeds

Grace

In the middle of imperfection

Like us really

Water

Swift and silent

Moves on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a little something I wanted to share with you all. I wrote it when I was sitting down by the river, attempting to capture the magic of it all, I'm not sure how much of it transferred but hopefully you get something of what I mean.

I also named my bike for those of you that are wondering-Solioquy. It means talking when alone-I do a lot of that, though mostly in the form of writing. One day when I was just sitting by the river, having escaped the noise of town, I looked up and there she was shillouhetted by the sunlight-the name was there. Its a bit poetic, i know, but hey...I have a creative bent so why not?

2 comments:

Jeff C said...

Did you mean Soliloquy?
I think that's a great name for the bike. What better place to talk to yourself. (I do that a lot out on the road).
Very nice poem too, I have a definite picture of where you were sitting and how you felt at that momnent. Thank you!

Melody said...

yes I did-I have such a hard time spelling it! And thanks so much for your note about the poem. I hoped the imagery would come across. :)