Monday, July 16, 2007

Khmu Village

So, we've been doing a lot of traveling recently. On Saturday morning, we left early from Chonburi to fly to Chang Rai and then we drove from there to reach the Khmu village. we actually spent the night in a town about half an hour away from the village, but went up yesterday morning for church. the Khmu people are so hospitable and welcoming. We were able to go to thier church service and it just felt like the joy has been overwhelming. It was amazing. so many people are so excited about God and content with so little. the kids there, were excited to learn a few English songs. i helped out in Sundayschool and we were able to teach them a few songs and games just for fun. I tuaght a small group, "Our God is an Awesome God" and they really liked it. they were even beginning to sing it by the end. One little girl, Sue, kept coming up to me wanting do the motions/sing the song over and over again. it made me smile.

This moring we went on a prayer hike up a hill to pray over the Khmu village. It felt like God's presecne was very strong on that hill and we prayed for his love to reach the people there and in the surrounding villlages. So much love and so much joy-I hope it continues to permeate the surrounding areas. I think it will.

Later today, we went down to the Golden Trianagle and I have actualy been in 3 countries at once-Laos, Burma and Thailand and now have a passport stamp from all three. Pretty amazing, eh? Walking over to Burma was an experience-we did a lot of shopping there. It reminded me strongly of Morrocco-so many markets and so many things to look at. a bit overwhelming. There are also quite a few people who beg there-women holding thier children, cripples on the street, little three and four year olds all asking for money. We were told by our translater (who is now a part of our team and another sister), Faa, and one of the missonaries here, Dave, not to give money but just to ignore them. It is so hard to walk by or as a woman stood by our dinner table, to just not make eye contact or tell them Mai, Mai (which means no). one boy, probably around 12, came and stood by by seat int he respectful positiong, waing us, just waiting for us to give him something. that broke my heart. It is so hard to know what do and how to respond and how to deal with this inner conflict and the hurt that sometimes overwhelms. It is definately something that I am learning and something I don't think I will ever fully understand....

I'm learning so much here-its hard to take it all in and there is a lot to process each day but that is okay. Its good tol learn and I am being challenged in many ways-more so than I imagined. Thanks for yoru continued prayers and support! I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible experience. Our prays stay with you Melody.