Friday, July 27, 2007

reflections....

Hey all! how are you all doing! still having a great time over here! We just finished our last day in P.N. as far as teaching English goes, so much fun! I love the kids though I have to admit I think I have sung the Hokey Pokey for enough times to last me a little while. :-)

In all seriousness though, I love it over here and its going to be really hard to leave. I think coming back is going to be hard-but that's a good thing. I don't want it to be normal again. It needs to be different and I need to change. I think over these past few weeks I've really learned a lot about who I am and also about what God wants me to do. I'm not sure what the results will be and I know that there is a lot still to process, nonetheless it is encouraging. I'm realizing more and more how much I enjoy and love doing ministry. yes there are hard times, but there is so much joy to balance it out. I don't know-its hard to explain. Ricky suprised us with pizza the other night and we had some great group discussion. he encouraged us from Romans 10 and 12 about following God's call for your life. He said to dream big! I like that-I think so many times I dream too small, or tend to limit myself to one type of idea or one type of life. but I'm beginning to see that my life can be bigger than that-perhaps it needs to be. maybe I can only play a bit of the composition that God is writing for me right now-but perhaps it is more complex than I ever dreamed it would be. Ricky was saying that even if you only have an inkling that missionary/ministry is what God is calling you too follow up on it. I don't know what that means for me yet but I'm praying about it. It might mean going on an MBMSI Trek team for 7-10 months in the near future but I think it will be more than that. I don't think I can ever really be "done" with ministry....

We just have the church camp left and then we're coming back to Fresno! We are all looking forward to camp-it will be a lot of fun to have the freedom to talk about God. In the schools where we taught English we were limited because they were all Buddisht schools and we couldn't really talk about the God we serve. yet at this camp, those restrictions will be taken away. it will be neat to see what God does and how we get to interact with these kids and youth! please keep praying for our energy and that we would be able to love these kids and people in a very real and tangible way! Thank you! and Love you all!

No comments: